Broken Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» ANYONE WHO STILL USES THIS SITE, READ THIS!
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm by Revival

» Blood On The Dance Floor!
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:17 am by Seppie

» Revival's "Magical" Tileset
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm by Revival

» Some Site News
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm by Seppie

» Fate/Zero - Berserker Lancelot (Sprite)
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm by Revival

» Revival's Advanced Fishing Event
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm by Revival

» Fishing Girl Sprite
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm by Revival

» T-Rex Sprites by Revivel
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am by Revival

» The deal with the adfly pages.
[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm by Revival

2 posters

[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers

Evie
    Evie

[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers Empty [-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers

Post by Evie Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 pm

So today we're going to go over my Advice and Tips for Future Writers..
    Just because it's things no body ever bothered to tell me and it could one day be useful.

1. Plan ahead

Map out your story, make notes of what you want to include, this way you don't leave anything out. There have been countless times when i got a brilliant idea for a story and just started writing away, didn't plan it, forgot half of my so called brilliant idea and had to toss it out. Plan ahead, whether your writing a novel, a story, or planning a video game, it helps to know what you want.

2. Write What YOU want.

It's your story, YOU decide. Get some feed back and opinions, but when it comes down to it, it is yours and no one else s, what you do is up to you.

3. Don't rush.

Take your time. Work at your own pace. It isn't a race or a competition, first and second place don't come from who finishes work, it comes from who works the hardest and finishes the best.

4. Stick with your story

If your going to change it, change it early on not in the middle of the story, this creates confusion and mass chaos.

5. Know your characters

You need to know everything about them. looks. Likes. Dislikes. Strengths ,Weaknesses, Treat them as if they are a real, close personal friend., (just not so close that you start to believe they real. Pretend they're real..don't make them real)

Well that's about all i have for you, Use my knowledge Wisely. Smile
    And write some awesome things. Smile
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

[-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers Empty Re: [-Advice-] : Evie's Advice for Future Writers

Post by Seppie Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 am

This is very helpful advice! Very Happy I wish I had known all of this when I started my story. I will follow this advice from now on!!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am