Broken Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» ANYONE WHO STILL USES THIS SITE, READ THIS!
Legend of Legaia EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm by Revival

» Blood On The Dance Floor!
Legend of Legaia EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:17 am by Seppie

» Revival's "Magical" Tileset
Legend of Legaia EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm by Revival

» Some Site News
Legend of Legaia EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm by Seppie

» Fate/Zero - Berserker Lancelot (Sprite)
Legend of Legaia EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm by Revival

» Revival's Advanced Fishing Event
Legend of Legaia EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm by Revival

» Fishing Girl Sprite
Legend of Legaia EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm by Revival

» T-Rex Sprites by Revivel
Legend of Legaia EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am by Revival

» The deal with the adfly pages.
Legend of Legaia EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm by Revival

Legend of Legaia

Revival
    Revival

Legend of Legaia Empty Legend of Legaia

Post by Revival Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:25 am

Name: Legend of Legaia
    Developers: Contrail and Prokion
    Platform: PSX
    Players: 1
    Genre: Fighting/RPG

Legend of Legaia Legend_of_Legaia
    Above: The main logo, charcters from left to right; Gala (ally), Noa (ally) -(below Noa is
    her Ra-Seru Terra, although you only see her in that form if you unlock it), then Ceruban the first boss, followed by Xain a boss later in the game and lastly the main character Vaan. Already you can see that this game offers a memorable cast list.

If I had a dollar for every time I've completed this game; I would have about 5.65 in my pocket right now. I've literally played this game 5 times to it's fullest over the years. This game holds a really special place in my heart and I'll tell you all why. It was many years ago...probably roughly 1998-99...I had received $200 for my birthday and wanted t buy a video game console...I remember I was originally going to side with the Nintendo 64, but for whatever reason I got a playstation instead, only with the demo disc included. That same year, my Pere had bought me this playstation game, and it was totally unexpected. It looked like some weird unheard of game...little did I know, it was.

This game is the BEST-...well maybe not thebest...RPG out there. For its time it's truly a hidden classic, to be quite honest, I just ordered it off of amazon for $60, that's the price of a new game!!! I made the mistake of pawning off my original copy thinking it was worthless....PFFFFT, I ordered the game with a new copy f the guide and I spent well over $100 once shipping was factored in. But honestly, it was worth it, for a
    game this rare, and this special to me, it was worth every cent and more.

For it's time, this game offered some EXTREMELY impressive features, outweighing even Final Fantasy VII in some elements.

So I'll start with the thing I look for the most in anything, the soundtrack. Legend of Legaia offers a soundtrack that's kind of like a double edged sword...There's the track you fall in love with and hum in you head and then there's other tracks that make you want to kill yourself from hearing the repetition. All in all the soundtrack suits the game quite nicely and most of the really good tracks from this game made it to the PS2 sequel which I will discuss in another article. All in all I rate the soundtrack of LoL a decent 6.5/10 just because of those few tracks you just had to hate...

The graphics of this game are impressive 10/10 just compare this next picture with anything from Final Fantasy 7 and you'll see that graphically LoL is dominant.
    Legend of Legaia EPSXe2010-01-2603-52-18-48

My favorite graphics feature in this game was the way your character's appearance changed based on what armors you had equipped, another very unique feature for it's time.

In terms of gameplay the game is a classic RPG, similar to Final Fantasy 7...until you enter the battle, which is where LoL shows it's true colors. The battle system is like no other, it relies heavily on the use of the direction pad, to navigate the battle menu one must press; up, down, left, or right, depending on which option is affiliated with the chosen selection, you are first given the option to fight or run, this game makes running a pain! Next you're given 4 options, Spirit, Ra-Seru, Item, and Fight... as to not ruin any of the game I'm only going to discuss the Fight command...Honestly it's what makes Legaia shine...

Unlike final fantasy where one simple tap execute a standard attack, Legaia allows players to essentially "map" out there attacks...you are given a certain ammount of slots which you can fill with direction...certain slot combos yeild special attack. (It's been a while since I played so this example is made up, but entering U,L,U,L would yield combo: Wind Storm) This offered alot of diversity and flexibility in the combat system beyond just standard magic, this made the "attack" function that much more beautiful. Legaia excels in terms of gameplay, praised by most for it's unique battle system, I rate it an 11/10

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:07 pm