Broken Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» ANYONE WHO STILL USES THIS SITE, READ THIS!
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm by Revival

» Blood On The Dance Floor!
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:17 am by Seppie

» Revival's "Magical" Tileset
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm by Revival

» Some Site News
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm by Seppie

» Fate/Zero - Berserker Lancelot (Sprite)
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm by Revival

» Revival's Advanced Fishing Event
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm by Revival

» Fishing Girl Sprite
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm by Revival

» T-Rex Sprites by Revivel
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am by Revival

» The deal with the adfly pages.
[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm by Revival

2 posters

[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II

Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Empty [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II

Post by Seppie Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II
    Require some basic database knowledge

The Forms
    For this tutorial, we will be using the 'Final' form. You must choose which forms you will use.

Common Events
    To start off, let's go to the Common Events section of the Database. You will need to create 2 common events for every form.

You should name them accordingly, such as 'FINAL1' and 'FINAL2'

Open FINAL1 and insert a 'Flash Screen'. The basic settings work fine, just make sure to uncheck 'Wait For Completion'.

Insert a 'Play SE' after that, and choose 'Ice4' -- Those two will give us our eye candy.

Now, insert a 'Change Party Member' and add the 'Final Form' of your character (DO NOT INITIALIZE) , then remove the current form of your character.

Now, you will make a switch. Label it 'FinalForm' and turn it on. Now set a timer, and make it however long you want the form to remain in effect. I will set mine at 30 seconds.

Now, go to your 'FINAL2' Common Event. On the trigger, set it as 'Parallel Process' and make the switch 'FinalForm'.

Insert a conditional branch that will check if the timer is 0 min 0 sec OR LESS.

If so, insert a Flash Screen and Play SE as we did in the first, and Add the original character back, then remove the Form.

Set the timer to stop.

After this, turn off the 'FinalForm' switch.

Leave the area under 'Else' blank.

The Skill
    Now, create a skill named 'Final Form' and give it an appropriate icon.

The scope should be 'NONE' and the Common Event will be 'FINAL1'

Be sure to decide when your character can drive up. Should it be only in battle, or anywhere?

Testing it
    Be sure to test out your new drive form and make sure it all works fine.

SCREENSHOTS

The Common Events
    [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Drivef14
    [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Drivef15
    The Skill
    [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Drivef16

If you are having any problems, feel free to ask.
    Revival
    Revival

[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Empty Re: [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II

Post by Revival Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Seems like a good tutorial! I have a character who will use this pefectly! and actually this would be good for anybody who's making a Bleach game (I originally was but stopped) switching between forms has never been easier, thanks Seppie!
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

[-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II Empty Re: [-Eventing-] Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II

Post by Seppie Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 am

I originally did this because I was going to make an RPG (it's been scrapped) that would have been similar to KH II, in the sense that the main character could 'Drive.'
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Having a huge problem with this, I know you probably meant for it to be strictly in battle but I'm allowing out of battle as well and when I change to my other form my character becomes the third character and my original second character becomes my new main? same when the timer runs out, he reverts to his old form just fine, but he stays the third character when he was originally the first.... and I copied your pics exact, any ideas?

What Im saying is I want my main character to transform, and remain mymain character instead of becoming my third?
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 am

Send me an unencrypted of your project and I'll see what I can do, man.
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 am

I made conditional branches for each party member, then removed each member based on which DPM (Diverse Party Member) is in my party because I have 3 mains and a lot of DPM's so now it just removes every character present and re-adds them in proper order. This part is now working fine for me...

The only problem now lies with the timer, when it hits 0 I get ejected from battle without a battle aftermath or anything, I don't know why it ejects me... but I will do further research on the matter
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Oh fuck. I had that problem. Jet from RMVX helped me. Lemme see if I can find the script again.

Code:
    class Game_System

def update
        if @timer_working and @timer > 0
          @timer -= 1
        end
      end
    end

EDIT: There you go. Above main. It won't exit the battle when timer hits 0.

Last edited by Seppie on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:11 pm

thanks man it'd be very much appreciated
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Post updated
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks man it all works perfect now, my Holy Knight can now tap into his inner Reaper for a short time Very Happy This honestly made a great addition to not only skill set but also to my main char.'s development and my story's development as well, surely Seppie thou art a God for this.
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Not just I, my friend, but CaptainJet as well.
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm

new problem...not totally huge or anything, but the form remains for the duration of the battle regardless of the time limit, once the battle ends he switches back, I suppose this is okay for how my game is set up being that his normal and reaper form are both seperate database actors and grow differently, but most people would want it to revert in battle so the original gets the EXP instead...no big deal and I don't think there's a real fix this...maybe...but the script you gave me stops and waits at 0 to stop it from ejecting from battle, and when the battle end it allows the timer to end....Either way for ME everything works fine.
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 am

I think I had this problem, too. At least, the form remaining. I didn't have a problem with the EXP because the form shared the level of the original.
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 pm

I've altered the original event a little bit now and removed the timer, instead I set up a skill to enter my Form then had another skill to turn him back, thus my player can freely switch between forms whenever since there's no limit, I countered this by making his alter form grow awkwardly, his heath grows downwards drastically if he uses the form too much in battle. So basically in the end if you've used your form too much it'll be absolutely useless because enemies will be able to slaughter you one hit. This works perfect for my character...and I found a cool werewolf sprite I could add using this....your idea has sparked alot of ideas for my game.
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm glad it has sparked ideas for you, but the ideas should already be there and you should be looking for the ability afterwards.
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 pm

I work as I go, much easier, when I come up with a new idea I go back and revise what I already did,
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm