Broken Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» ANYONE WHO STILL USES THIS SITE, READ THIS!
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:51 pm by Revival

» Blood On The Dance Floor!
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:17 am by Seppie

» Revival's "Magical" Tileset
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm by Revival

» Some Site News
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm by Seppie

» Fate/Zero - Berserker Lancelot (Sprite)
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:16 pm by Revival

» Revival's Advanced Fishing Event
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm by Revival

» Fishing Girl Sprite
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm by Revival

» T-Rex Sprites by Revivel
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am by Revival

» The deal with the adfly pages.
Make your fires burn and your Water Splash EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm by Revival

2 posters

Make your fires burn and your Water Splash

Revival
    Revival

Make your fires burn and your Water Splash Empty Make your fires burn and your Water Splash

Post by Revival Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm

This tutorial is by far the easiest thing in the world... however it took me quite a while...until the other day actually...

RMVX gives you graphics for burning candles, fire, smoke, torches, waterfall splashes and even little twinkles on the ground...if you want these to actually move and act more like what they are instead of motionless statues;

All you have to do is open the event in the eventing menu (these objects can ONLY be made via eventing so this is required).

Then simply check the boxes "Direction Fix" and "Walking Animation", you will be happy with the results trust me. This will cause the icon to shuffle between all the icons of the same row, which causes the fires to appear to be burning, same with every other "moving" graphic.

[Seppie says: You need to check 'Stepping Animation' and 'Direction Fix'. 'Walking Animation' is selected by default.]

Last edited by ブロークン on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry. Had to put it.)
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Make your fires burn and your Water Splash Empty Re: Make your fires burn and your Water Splash

Post by Seppie Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

Simple tutorial, but very much needed! =D
    Revival
    Revival

Make your fires burn and your Water Splash Empty Re: Make your fires burn and your Water Splash

Post by Revival Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't figure it out until 3 months into rpg making! I could tell what the pieces were meant for but it took a while to make them actually do it XD
    Seppie
    Seppie
    Admin

Post by Seppie Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:49 pm

I followed BenKo's guide and got it on the first day. =3
    Revival
    Revival

Post by Revival Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah when I first started I spent the first month or two without any internet resources...or guides :p I had to learn the whole eventing scene by myself XD It wasn't bad, I spent the first 2 days with no sleep going hard at it just to get it down, but as you can tell I obviously missed a lot of basic stuff if I only figured this out months later... I only just learned how to set weather effects by with variables which I was having a huge hard time with before...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:04 pm